About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog which I hope to develop with some interesting material on ultra running both on the trails and road including reports on races and interesting training runs, views on kit and equipment as well as anything else I find of interest. I love running for adventure, opportunity and well being. Enjoy!

Tuesday 4 November 2008

Red, White and Blue

Well, I'm now the proud owner of a second red, white and blue vest; the colours of our great nation! My GB kit arrived a couple of weeks ago and is now laid on the bedroom floor like some sort of military display. On Saturday I will wear it with pride, running against some of the best ultra runners in the world representing 33 different nations. I will be a proud man.

When I think about it, running an international race over 100kms is probably one of the greatest challenges there is. I can't think of many other international championship events which compete? OK, there is of course the 24 hour event, but that really is nuts. But then again running long is the norm for me, it's what I do best and it's how I can show my true strength. I will go out there on Saturday and run with pride, but at a sensible pace early on to try to achieve my main goal which is a sub 7hour time. It has been a long time since a UK athlete has run sub-7hours for the 100km, and it is about time someone did. I will have a good go.

With a bit of luck I can post the results and some initial thoughts on the race soon after it finishes on Saturday, watch this space......


Here's me doing battle with one of the German runners in Winschoten, September 2007

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck!

Subversive Runner said...

Top man Jez....rooting for you and our Lucy.

Lee Maclean said...

Give it laldy Jez !!

Tim said...

Best of luck Jez. Can't think of anyone better to represent Britain.

John Kynaston said...

All the best Jez. Have a great race. I predict 6hrs 57mins 30secs.

John

Anonymous said...

Jez - like the rest of the WHW Fanily I will be cheering you and Lucy on. It's not often an Aussie cheers for a Pom, but have a cracking race and look forward to seeing the results. I reckon given that you have had your share of ups and downs this year, this one might might just be one out of the Jez bag of special tricks.. 6:52:47 . GO HARD .. Cheers Keith

Brian Mc said...

All the very best Jez, sub 7 easy.

Thomas said...

Jez, good luck!
Just relax and enjoy the competition!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you Jez


Ellen & Murdo xx

Anonymous said...

All the best Jez! Hope you get the time you want. Do it for Team GB! Marc Dellasega