About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog which I hope to develop with some interesting material on ultra running both on the trails and road including reports on races and interesting training runs, views on kit and equipment as well as anything else I find of interest. I love running for adventure, opportunity and well being. Enjoy!

Sunday 23 December 2012

Day 12: Huntly to Old Mountain Road


Start: nr Huntly (738km)
Finish: Old Mountain Road (804km)
Distance for the day: 66km
Cumulative distance: 804km

I was pretty honest about my day yesterday, it wasn’t great, but I’m happy to tell it how it is. Today, I’m pleased to say, it was back to business as usual. I was very much back in the groove and felt a satisfying and reassuring level of comfort throughout the day. I’m not going to write much now as Jamie has just added a great post on a ‘day in the life of a crew member’ – quite insightful I’m sure you will find. My support guys truly are legends, and the amount they are doing to support my journey is quite unbelievable. I can’t thank them enough.

I managed another solid 66km today. It was generally riverside or across the plains, but with a challenging 12km section across the Hakaimata Range. It was nice to run through the sizeable city of Hamilton which straddles the dramatic Waikato River – on which they were water skiing as I ran past – pretty cool to be water skiing through town!

More tomorrow.

Roots galore during the crossing of the Hakaimata Range

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just read Jamie's great post early Sunday morning whilst having a cup of tea in bed. ( It's what we mere mortals do Jez ) Great to get a call from Mark last night and glad to hear you got through the tough day yesterday. Expect there will be others like it, but we are all rooting for you back home in a rain sodden UK. Keep it up boys! Happy Christmas from the Morris clan.